Monday, January 6, 2014

The Purge

I purged (most) of my cupboards to get an idea of what I was working with.

This is just the plastics section. I have a hoarding habit with saving containers (note the peanut jar...I can't even tell you the last time I bought peanuts). Summoning all my knowledge learned from marathoning seasons of Hoarders, I discarded any container that didn't have a lid (or lid that didn't have a container) and also those reused cocoa containers. I also own an unbelievable amount of Jello molds for someone who finds the whole concept of Jello disgusting. The way it wiggles and jiggles down my throat ::shudder:: But I digress. I also discovered I own not one, not two, but SIX flexible cutting boards (and unfortunately, zero real cutting boards).

Here's the utensils drawer, baking shelf, and prep cook shelf: 


The baking and decorating items to the left are those dearly loved inherited items. I have a mandolin slicer and a slap chop. Also, there is an empty honey container that I have no idea why I decided to keep (that got tossed, silly old bear). And yes, that is a bar set on the back right. That's going to be a challenge because we aren't much for drinking at home.

And, finally, the single purpose appliances and the pink family [not pictured: the counter top roaster for birds up to 25lbs and the toaster oven]


Some of these I use often, like the crock pot and coffee pot. I'll have to think up new uses for them. I haven't used the donut maker in well over a year and a half. And yes, that is an Easy Bake oven. While it's JT's and not mine, he does ask to use it way more often than we actually do. Be prepared for tiny little cakes as well.

There are two other cupboards I haven't emptied yet. It was exhausting just going through what I did. I'll post those later.

So, my faithful readers, what would you like to see me use first? If there's anything that looks interesting but you can't tell what it is, ask me and I'll let you know!

And, that, ladies and gentlemen, is what's in my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment